The model MT180 is a multi-mode ultrasonic thickness gauge. Based on the same operating principles as SONAR, the instrument is capable of measuring the thickness of various materials with accuracy as high as 0.1/0.01mm. The multi-mode feature of the gauge allows the user to toggle between pulse-echo mode (flaw and pit detection), and echo-echo mode(eliminate paint or coating thickness
MT180 Multi-mode Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge
The model MT180/MT190 is a multi-mode ultrasonic thickness gauge. Based on the same operating principles as SONAR, the instrument is capable of measuring the thickness of various materials with accuracy as high as 0.1/0.01 millimeters. The multi-mode feature of the gauge allows the user to transfer between pulse-echo mode (flaw and pit detection), and echo-echo mode(eliminate paint or coating thickness).
- Capable of performing measurements on a wide range of material, including metals, plastic, ceramics, composites, epoxies, glass and other ultrasonic wave well-conductive materials.
- Transducer models are available for special application, including for coarse grain material and high temperature applications.
- Multi-mode: Pulse-Echo mode and Echo-Echomode.
- Probe-Zero function, Sound-Velocity-Calibration function
- Two-Point Calibration function.
- Single point mode and Scan mode.
- Seven measurements readings per second in single point mode, and sixteen per second in Scan Mode.
- Coupling status indicator showing the coupling status.
- Metric/Imperial units selectable.
- Battery information indicates the rest capacity of the battery.
- Auto sleep and auto power off function to conserve battery life.
- Optional software to process the memory data on the PC.
||4.5 digits LCD with EL backlight
||Pulse-Echo Mode: 0.65～600mm (in Steel).
Echo-Echo Mode: 3 ~30mm
|Sound Velocity range：
||±（0.5% Thickness+0.01) mm, depends on materials and conditions
||Metric/Imperial unit selectable.
||Seven measurements readings per second for single point measurement, and sixteen
per second for Scan Mode
||Memory for up to 20 files (up to 99 values for each file) of stored values
||Two “AA” size, 1.5 Volt alkaline batteries. 100 hours typical operating time (EL backlight off)